Ireland

Ireland
My favorite trip

Sunday, March 19, 2017

St. Patty's Day 2017 - Not My Drama

Another St. Patrick's Day, but yet this is not one that I have to worry about as far as drama on my part.  This year, I went out for a big event and was not the person drama centered around. Honestly, it's been a few years since the drama was me, but still always happy to see it's not me.

It was a fabulous night to be honest. I went out with my bestie from in town here. I have one local and one from Arizona.  This one is local.  We went out with her husband and met up with a bunch of other people.


We started out at a bar that one of my friends likes to call, HQ. We met some interesting characters dressed up in green and likely had been drunk since parade time.  So they were well ahead of most of us in alcohol consumption. There were, of course, those completely decked out in green. I chose to simply wear non green clothes and put in a pair of green earrings to avoid being pinched. (just in case someone wanted to pinch me). There were those that were just out to enjoy the night.  Those that were sober cabs and those that were drunk passengers.  My group fell somewhere in the middle.


After a few drinks at HQ, we headed down to the Legion for some karaoke. Conveniently, within walking distance. I'm getting buzzed up so I'm telling people that I know about my first book. I'm very excited about it, after all.


Around the third trip to the bathroom, a woman in the stall next to me calls over for toilet paper.  She mentions the town she is from and coincidentally it's the same town my fiance is from. We begin talking and she states she knows him and she has heard of me. I'm pretty pumped. When she finds out more about how we met, she excitedly babbles that this how she and her new boyfriend met. Her boyfriend is local, hence, why she was in town.


We come out together and she introduces me and tells him that I had met my fiance the same way they met. I believe he was already drunk at this point and he looks put off that she was introducing him to someone or that she told him how they met. I'm not sure which it was, but he didn't look happy at all.


I move on.  It was weird, but not show stopping. My friends sing karaoke and we have a couple of drinks and shots.  It's a fun night. Near the end, as we are waiting for the shuttle I bump into this woman again. She is with another woman and she is ranting about her boyfriend.  She sees me and sucks me into the conversation. Apparently, her boyfriend told her she was old and no one wanted her. It went on from there.  He was texting other women, according to her.  She wanted me to come with her so she could show me. I ask the woman she is with if they are together.  Nope, this woman knew her as well as I did. Gulp!


I'm joined by a couple of my friends at this time. One of them knows this woman's boyfriend. As we go out into the smoking section two women are bent over his body on the ground.  He fell and hit his head and was laying there, luckily awake.  It takes two men to finally get him up and into the shuttle bus. We decide that we will wait til the next pick up so we aren't on the bus with them.


Then the elderly driver returns, but parks in a different location. He comes up to me and states it will be awhile. The happy couple is still inside the sober bus because the woman didn't know his address and he wasn't coherent. Ugh!


We have to go, there is no more waiting.  She finally believes she knows the address and the driver loads up another batch of riders.  Drunk jerk boyfriend is laying on the front seat and his girlfriend proceeds to tell us everything bad. She wanted to hurt herself because of things he said, so we had to talk her down. I think I might have said 20 times to break up with him.


I told her no guy should talk to you that way.  She said he was great at first, and I said, and now he has shown you his true colors.  Time to move on.  According to her, he drank all the time on weekends and my friend that knew him, basically said that this wasn't uncommon behavior for him as far as drinking and treating his lady of the hour like crap.


It was a stark contrast to the first drunk guy we ran into at HQ. He was telling me and my bestie how hot we were and encouraging us to get with our men.  It was pretty hysterical, but his desire was to send the women home feeling great about themselves, so he could help out the men in town. And we ended the night with a boyfriend who decided it was his job to make his girlfriend feel like the most worthless piece of garbage.


I'm so very thankful for the wonderful fiance I was lucky enough to find. Who makes me feel beautiful, sexy, smart, and desired everyday in every way. I don't think it's an easy thing to find.  And I also think that when some people find it, they don't know they have it, and they let it go for the wrong reasons.


And I also learned why I don't get shit faced anymore.




No comments: